Today, I am finally catching up on a long overdue post for you guys. I have now been nominated for the Liebster Award three times! I am so completely honoured to even be considered so I would like to give a massive thank you to…
You’re all awesome bloggers and it is so kind of you to nominate me.
A few rules to follow
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
- Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees
11 random facts about me
- Last night I finished rereading Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (1997) by J. K. Rowling for probably about the third or fourth time.
- I am currently hooked on series two of both Once Upon a Time and Game of Thrones.
- I love fairy tales.
- Moving to university is one of the best decisions I have made because of how much I have learnt and grown as a person since I started.
- I have nearly finished my second year of university.
- I am a huge Taylor Swift fan and I saw her live at the Red Tour.
- My addiction to social media has recently been taken to a whole new level because of a university assignment I am doing.
- I am looking forward to carrying out some work experience placements over the summer.
- I really want to see the new Disney Cinderella
- I went to Los Angeles in 2012 on a school trip and I would love to go back someday.
- This Easter I have discovered the deliciousness of the Lindt bunny.
11 questions from What’s She Reading?
- What book do you wish people would just stop talking about?
There is a book that I have seen so much about on booktube/Instagram/blogs and I only want people to stop talking about it because I am jealous that I haven’t read it yet. That book is Cinder (2012) by Marissa Meyer and the rest of the books in The Lunar Chronicles. A set of sci-fi reworking’s of classic fairy tales, I mean that does sound awesome.
- What author (living or dead) do you wish you could meet?
J. K. Rowling because she seems like such a lovely lady and I would love to ask her about how she created the world of Harry Potter.
3. If you could only read one series for the rest of your life, what would it be? (Excluding Harry Potter)
The Divergent series (2011-2013) by Veronica Roth.
- What is your reading pet peeve? (Something authors do that you hate)
Not really sure what to answer for this, I just figure writing a whole book is no mean feat.
- What book reminds you the most of your childhood?
The Faraway Tree series (1939-1951) by Enid Blyton and The Worst Witch series (1974-2013) by Jill Murphy.
- If you could live in any book world, what would it be? (Again, excluding Harry Potter)
The Divergent world – and I like to think I could definitely make it in Dauntless.
- What book would you recommend to a non-reader?
Probably Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone because I really think everyone should at least read the first chapter.
- What book-to-movie (or TV) was the greatest disappointment to you?
The Host (2008) by Stephenie Meyer. The trailer made the film look pretty awesome and I have always thought of Saoirse Ronan as a great actress, but the film turned out to be not so great.
- What was the last book to make you cry?
It takes a lot to make me properly cry but I seem to remember getting a bit choked up when Lupin and Tonks died in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (2007).
- Where is your favourite reading spot?
In bed in my PJ’s with some chocolate and tea.
- What do you love most about reading?
The way it can put a whole world in your head that wasn’t there before and the way it can make you forget about life for a while.
11 questions from Bellsie Books
- Tea or coffee?
Tea at home, tea or hot chocolate at uni, mocha at a coffee shop.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Back to America and explore more places.
- Who/what is your favourite cartoon (or animated) character?
Olaf from Frozen (2013) because he would be a cool (see what I did there) friend to have around and he is so cute. Also, his laugh makes me giggle.
- What kind of music do you like?
I like most genres of music. I generally enjoy most popular chart music, I love Taylor Swift and Ellie Goulding. Then, there is always the option a good musical or film soundtrack.
- Winter or summer?
Definitely winter – just love Christmas so much, with cosy nights in watching films and getting all wrapped up to go on winter walks.
- Who is your book crush?
Four from the Divergent series and Monsieur Etienne St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss (2010) by Stephanie Perkins. They are both very different but both so amazing!
- If you could live in a fairy tale, which one would you choose?
Can I just live in Storybrook from Once Upon a Time please?
- What is the best event you’ve ever been to (a show/concert/festival, etc)?
Any of the events from the fresher’s week in my first year of uni or the time I went to see Les Miserables in London and we were in the front row. Both amazing for very different reasons.
- Vampires or werewolves (or something else entirely)?
In terms of Twilight – werewolves (hello team Jacob), in terms of The Vampire Diaries – vampires (hello Salvatore brothers), in terms of The Mortal Instruments – shadow hunters (hello Jace) and in terms of dressing up for Halloween – vampires.
- What was your favourite childhood book?
Any of the books from The Faraway Tree series – a have an edition of all of them together and my mum wrote a message from Santa inside the cover when I was little.
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Cupcakes with tea.
11 questions from Sheen Hyuuga
- When did you fall in love with reading?
From when I was very young I really enjoyed reading but it was only during the last few years that I really got into young adult fiction, after I read The Hunger Games trilogy (2008-2010) by Suzanne Collins and The Fault in Our Stars (2012) by John Green.
- Who influenced you in reading?
The books I have read have mainly been recommendations from book tube and from friends.
- What’s the first novel you read?
The first novel I independently read was probably Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
- Any book you read and rated it almost zero? That you wished you didn’t read..
I don’t think I have ever read a book that I wish I didn’t read.
- Where do you love to read?
In bed with a cup of tea in my hand, all cosy and warm.
- Asian crush?
Daniel Dae Kim as Jin-Soo Kwon in Lost.
- Do you love anime? What’s your favourite?
I haven’t really seen much anime but my best friend really likes it and I have heard that Ponyo (2008) is really great and anything produced by Studio Ghibli.
- Have you composed a short poem? What’s the theme?
I don’t really write poetry, but I do write stories. I wrote a short story for a uni assignment last year which was set during World War I.
- What do you love to collect aside from books?
DVD’s of film adaptions of the books that I have read.
- What’s the ultimate-dream-book-series-to-have?
Cannot be without the Harry Potter series.
My 11 nominations
And my 11 questions for you
- If you could go on a date with any fictional character, who would it be and where would you go?
- What’s your favourite meal to have out which isn’t the same when you cook it at home?
- What’s the last book you read?
- If you could take one fictional character out of their story world and place them into a different story world, which character would you choose, where to and why?
- Who is your favourite Harry Potter character?
- Name a book you’ve read that you wish would be made into a film/TV adaptation and name which actor/actress you would want to play the lead role.
- If you could host a celeb party, who would you invite?
- What’s your hot drink of choice?
- Would you rather be a contestant in the Hunger Games or the Twiwizard Tournament?
- What’s your favourite film soundtrack?
- What book have you read that you genuinely couldn’t put down?
So there we have it. Hope you enjoyed reading this as it took me a long time to write, and I hope you enjoy my questions.